• Breaking News

    Saturday 11 March 2017

    Sherrif/Makarfi Crisis: PDP Chieftain, former Senator Idah, others decamped to APC

    http://ift.tt/eA8V8J

    By Bashir Bello

    KATSINA – Following the leadership crisis that had continued to rock the opposition People’s Democratic Party, PDP, a party chieftain and former Senator representing Katsina Central Constituency, Senator Ibrahim Idah on Saturday decamped to the ruling party, All Progressive Congress, APC.

    Senator Idah who decamped along side with his ward PDP Chairman and Secretary and six other wards Chairmen and Secretaries and followers were received by the APC State party Chairman, Alhaji Shittu Shuaibu Shittu at the party secretariat in Katsina State.

    Speaking in an interview with newsmen shortly after his official defection, Senator Idah who is of the Senator Ahmed Makarfi faction said the leadership crisis rocking the PDP party was the main reason for his decamping to the APC.

    He said he foresaw the leadership crisis that engulfed the PDP not ending well and doubt whether there is future for the party.

    According to him, “The faction is part of the reasons why I decamped to APC. If not why would you remain in a place where things are getting spoilt. No reason for staying back in such place. In fact, this informed my immediate decision to leave party.

    “I am a lawyer, and I know what transpired in the Court and I know what might happen in the Court. Any one of them can emerge victorious but what will happen after the judgment? The court only hear what is right and wrong but don’t dialogue. So you will accept the judgment because there is nothing you can do. So I foresaw it not ending well,” Senator Idah said.

    He added that, “I have to leave the PDP and join the APC. First, I have studied the PDP and having worked with party, laboured for it, I’ve come to doubt whether there is a future for the party. And I felt if I were to be in a politics, then the right thing for me to do is to go for a party that can satisfy my whims and caprices.”

    Senator Idah continued when he said he is satisfied with the leadership style of President Muhammadu Buhari and Governor Masari.

    He said his decamping to APC is homecoming because he has worked with President Muhammadu as his Secretary in PTDF and Governor Masari as his school mate.

    “I studied various parties and have come to conclusions that the APC because of what it is doing Nationwide under the leadership of President Muhammadu Buhari. I have worked with him briefly and I know what he can do and I know he studies situation before he embarks what he set out to do. And I know by the time he starts, the sky is the limit. I have seen how he has tackled the issue of security and corruption within his shortest time he assumed power. Because corruption is the evil and menace that has set out to destroy our society. I am convinced that he is a leader.

    “At the state level, I have seen how our Governor is steering the ship of the state and I’m satisfied that something positive will be the outcome. So I made up my mind to leave PDP.

    “I decamped with my followers at the ward level. So today, aside me and my wife, children and brothers, I decamped with the PDP Katsina ward Chairman and Secretary.

    “Then in the 12 wards, I’ve sat with six PDP ward chairmen, secretary and their followers. There are people from so many local governments who are not from here, they would not want talk or do registration here, so we planned to go to their local governments to receive them to APC. So I’m not alone, I’m moving with my followers and I’ve make it clear that they follow me or decide to stay back. And they have assured me of their total support and very soon my supporters will join me.

    “I therefore call on all my supports and to let them know I have decamped from PDP to been a member of APC, I’m now a bonafide and true son of APC.”

    Asked if his decamping has any connection with 2019, Senator Idah said 2019 is in the hands of God but he is in the party to serve his people and if at all his people deem it fit for him to aspire for any position he would not hesitate to do so.

    However, the APC State party Chairman, Alhaji Shittu Shuaibu Shittu welcomed him into the party and assured him that he would never regret joining the party.

    “You are almost late to decamp to the party but you are not late. If you had waited for it to clock two years after we wrestled power from PDP, we would have said you are late.

    “And the reason why he joined APC was because of the just in the party. And God Willing you will get more than what you saw in the party and made you join our party,” Alh. Shittu said.

    Meanwhile, the Governor, Aminu Bello Masari also received Senator Ibrahim Idah at the State government House where he assured him that the party will carry him along.

    The post Sherrif/Makarfi Crisis: PDP Chieftain, former Senator Idah, others decamped to APC appeared first on Vanguard News.



    from Vanguard News http://ift.tt/2mV5vn8
    via IFTTT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Entertainment

    Travel